Simple Sausage Casserole for the Family
With autumn on its way and the evenings closing in there is nothing nicer than ending the day with this delicious sausage casserole. Served with crusty bread or mashed potato it makes a super family meal. This recipe is very easy and quite quick to make, I like to make more than we need, so there are leftovers for the next days lunch.
Simple Sausage Casserole
This delicious sausage casserole makes a wonderful comforting meal for the family and very popular with children.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 medium onion
- 1 x 400g tin baked beans
- 1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 stock cube
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika ( optional )
- Chop your onion and cut up the sausages to your desired size.
- Pour a splash of oil into a thick bottomed saucepan and heat gently.
- Add the onion, cook a little and then add the cut up sausages and brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
This meal can be made in advance and either kept in the fridge for a couple of days or it freezes really well.
Keywords: sausage, casseroles