Potato Cheese and Onion Pasties
These delicious cheese and onion pasties make a great filling lunch idea served with a little salad or baked beans.Print
How to make potato cheese and onion pasties
These mouth watering pasties make an easy cheap family lunch.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp mustard
- 300g plain flour
- 150g lard
- 3 tbsp cold water
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- For the pastry add the lard and salt to the flour, with your finger tips make into bread crumbs, then add the cold water and mix with a knife until a ball forms.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and place in the fridge to rest.
- Peel and dice the potatoes, cover with water and boil until cooked through.
- Drain then mash.
- Add the cheese, mustard and season to taste.
- Mix well and allow to cool down.
- Divide the pastry into 4 and roll each piece into a circle.
- Divide the potato mixture into four and place into the centre of each piece of pastry.
- Dampen the edges with water and bring the pastry together making sure it is sealed and crimp.
- Egg wash the pasties.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
These pasties freeze well either before they have been baked or after baking.