Millionaires Shortbread Recipe Easy
This week we wanted something sweet so I made millionaires shortbread. This recipe is so easy and quite quick to make. It’s certainly a favorite in our house and great for the children as a treat.
Millionaires Shortbread Recipe Easy To Make
This caramel shortbread makes a super treat and so simple to make!
- Yield: 12 portions 1x
- 125g Plain flour
- 37g sugar
- 85g butter
- 397g Condensed Milk (can)
- 50g Brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 200g chocolate of your choice
- Firstly pre heat your oven to 180´C / gas mark 4.
- Grease your baking tin. preferably size 8″ x 10″
- To make the shortbread mix all the ingredients together, so that it is like fine breadcrumbs.
- Keep mixing until it forms a dough. When the mixture gets to this stage press the dough into the cake tin making sure you spread evenly.
- Prick the shortbread with a fork and place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
When ready it should be lightly browned.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and put on a low heat. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved stirring all the time to stop it from sticking.
- Simmer gently still stirring until the mixture starts to thicken. It will change color to a light caramel color.
- Pour over the shortbread and spread evenly and allow to cool.
- Break up the chocolate, I usually put a knob of butter in mine to stop the chocolate from cracking when cutting it.
- Melt in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Do not stir chocolate too much, just give it a gently stir to mix in the butter.
- Then pour over the toffee and spread evenly. You can decorate it using the end of a fork if you like.
- Leave to set and cut into 12 pieces.