40 Amazing uses for coffee filters
Who would have thought that coffee filters could be so useful. They have many different uses that they are worth putting on your shopping list! Below are a few ideas on how these little gems can be so handy.
1. Cleaning windows and mirrors. Being lint free they will leave your windows sparkling.
2. Applying polish to shoes.
3. Ideal in a lunch box to use as a paper plate.
4. Covering bowls and dishes when cooking in the microwave.
5. Separating china to protect your best plates and dishes.
6. Put a stop to dripping ice lolly pops by poking the stick through the bottom of the filter.
7. Use to protect a cast-iron skillet from rust. The coffee filter will absorb any moisture.
8. Soak up the grease from chicken, bacon or chips by placing a few filters on a plate.
9. Use as a finer strainer by lining your sieve with a filter.
10. Use to prevent spillage when filling oil or water in your car.
11. Recycle your frying oil by straining the oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
12. Place leftover pizza or sausage roll or many foods in a filter to reheat in the microwave.
13. Use for loose tea, tie with a little string and away you go.
14. Brilliant to weigh chopped foods and save on washing up.
15. Place your wooden spoon or spatula when baking.
16. Kids crafts, you can use in a number of projects.
17. Coffee filters make great wrappers for messy foods.
18. Keep the marks off the table and place under mugs.
19. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes..
20. Place in between crepes to keep them from sticking together.
21. Use to remove nail polish.
22. Place filters under a baking rack to catch drips when icing cupcakes or cookies.
23. Great for embroidering, use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing.
24. Use for meals on the go, sandwiches, chips whatever you fancy.
25. Prevent shoe odor by putting baking soda into a coffee filter and inserting into shoes.
26. Wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
27. Serve hot dogs or burgers at your barbecue instead of a using a plate.
28. Press flowers by placing the flowers between two coffee filters and placing inside a book.
29. Use when measuring spices or other baking ingredients to catch the spills, easier to funnel back into the jars.
30. Great for making stir fry – slice or dice veggies into filters rather than dirtying numerous dishes.
31. Use as a throw away snack bowl for popcorn.
32. Use under golden syrup, honey or treacle containers to prevent sticky countertops.
33. Strain stock just strain and throw away the filter.
34. Slice up tomatoes onto a filter to absorb some of the tomato juice before putting on a sandwich.
35. If you cut yourself shaving use a piece of filter to stop the bleeding.
36. Grease baking tin using a filter, no lint bits left behind.
37. Use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
38. Use as a throw away snack bowl for popcorn.
39. Wipe down your car dashboard, no bits flying around.
40. Finally use coffee filters to make a nice cup of coffee!
I hope you can make use of some of these tips 🙂